Read on to find out how Airbnb works and use my coupon code to get £25 off your first Airbnb booking.
Airbnb is a holiday rental website where you can find local homes, private apartments and cool places to stay. Airbnb is always the first website we check for booking accommodation. I love Airbnb and have been using the website to find travel accommodation around the world for more than three years.
If you’re just looking for an Airbnb coupon code to get a discount on your first Airbnb booking, click this link for £25 off.
Read on for a walk-through of how Airbnb works, how to use this Airbnb discount code and how to book your first trip on Airbnb.
How Airbnb Works
Airbnb is an accommodation booking website with rooms, apartments and houses. You can book accommodation all over the world with Airbnb. Airbnb works like any other booking website. You search by location for your travel dates. You can add filters to find more specific Airbnb listings.
There are three types of Airbnb accommodation:
- Entire Home – If you want an entire apartment or house to yourself, search for “Entire Home.”
- Private Room – A private room is a room that is within the host’s house. The bedroom is entirely your’s, but other rooms are shared such as the living area and kitchen. Bathrooms are sometimes en-suite, sometimes shared.
- Shared Room – This refers to bedrooms where the host or other travellers will also sleep. It’s good for very cheap stays and cheap dorm beds. I rarely use this option on Airbnb.
How to Use Your Airbnb Coupon Code
1. To get your Airbnb discount code, you need to click here. After clicking on the link, you will be directed to a new webpage which shows your this picture (of my happy face):
2. Click on the white button that says “Sign up to claim your credit.” You will be prompted by a pop-up sign-up box. You can choose from three options: sign up with Facebook, sign up with Google or sign up with Email. You can sign up with any method and you will still receive your £25 off Airbnb coupon code.
3. If you’ve already signed up to Airbnb before, unfortunately, you won’t be able to use this code. However, you can create a new account if you have another email address and get £25 off your Airbnb booking with my discount code.
4. The £25 Airbnb travel credit from me will now be saved on your account. When you make your first Airbnb booking, the £25 credit will be deducted from your total booking amount. The only catch is that you need to spend £55 or more to get the discount.
How to Make Your First Airbnb Booking
Booking on Airbnb is simple – and fun! I love booking on Airbnb because you get to browse so many amazing holiday rentals and apartments, and choose the one that you love the most. Here’s how to make your first Airbnb booking and claim your £25 off:
1. Search for where you want to stay. Type in the city or town where you want to find accommodation. Select the dates you want to travel. If you don’t have dates yet, that’s okay. You can search “anytime” to see what Airbnbs are available. Change the number of guests to the number of people who are travelling with you.
2. Change room type. Airbnb will have pulled up some results for you. But you might want to filter these results to find certain types of accommodation. For example, if you want a flat all to yourself, change the listing to “Entire Home”. For a private room, change it to “Private Room.” If you’re looking for cheap dorm beds or don’t mind sharing a room, click “Shared Room.”
3. Adjust the price range. You can change the price range to suit your budget. The price range filter is on a sliding scale, so you can slide it up and down to see differently priced Airbnbs.
4. Add more filters. You can add more filters to narrow down the listings. We often look for apartments with “wireless internet” and “laptop friendly workspaces” because we’re digital nomads and usually work from our Airbnb apartment. If we’re staying for a long time, we would usually tick the box for a kitchen too.
Request to Book – Usually you need to “Request to Book.” Unlike other booking websites, Airbnb properties are owned by local hosts. They can choose to review the travellers who wish to stay at their home before accepting the booking. It can take up to 24 hours for a host to reply to your request.
Instant Book – There is an option called “Instant Book” that allows you to search for Airbnbs where the booking is automatically accepted. This means you don’t have to wait for the host to review, and these are becoming increasingly common. If you’re booking at short notice, use the “instant book” filter. This will show you properties where hosts auto-approve the bookings, so you are booked in straight away! We always use instant book when we haven’t planned in advance.
Listings with the lightning bolt symbol are instant book properties.
6. Browse listings and select a place. Now it’s time for the fun part. Browse through the available listings and click on any you want to read. On each listing, there will be a description of the Airbnb rental, details on all the amenities, a star rating summary and reviews from previous guests.
7. Check the reviews. Always read the reviews before you book a place on Airbnb. You want to look for mostly 4 and 5-star Airbnbs. These are the most reliable and you want to make sure you book a great holiday rental. I search reviews for “wifi” to check whether the connection is reliable, as this is really important to me.
8. Click to book. When you’ve found your dream Airbnb apartment, click the “book” button on the right-side of the listing page. Your Airbnb credit will automatically be discounted from your booking. Remember to get your £25 off Airbnb discount coupon code before booking.
Video Walk-Through: How to Claim Your Airbnb Discount
Airbnb hosts are verified. They must provide their contact details, address, profile photo and ID to be able to list their property on Airbnb. We’ve only ever had friendly, welcoming hosts. It’s been a great way for us to meet local people. However, you should read reviews of the property and the host before booking to make sure you’re happy and comfortable. You can sign up and become a host on Airbnb here.
How to Get Your Own Airbnb Coupon Code
I bet you want your own Airbnb discount code, right? Airbnb coupon codes are awesome because every time a friend or someone you know signs up to Airbnb to get their discount, you earn travel credit. Just go to Invite Your Friends on your Airbnb dashboard. Airbnb will create a custom code for your account.
How to Share Airbnb Discount Codes
Once you’ve used your own Airbnb coupon code, you can also share your very own discount code with friends! Click to Invite Your Friends, and Airbnb will create a unique discount code link for you. You can share this code with friends via email or social media. Your friends will get money off their first Airbnb booking and you can earn travel credit for yourself too. It’s a win-win.
Read More about Airbnb
LIKE IT? SHARE IT!